Friday, September 23, 2011

....I am magically grounded to reality!

       I'm a dreamer. I love dreaming all the time. Transporting to a magical land that doesn't exist has been my daily to and fro journey. How i wish i could stay there forever. Forever happy, forever good, forever beautiful. Imagining something is 'as real as' living a perfect life for people like me. Getting out of the dream to reality hits us like a bitch! I always wondered what i should do... I love my magical world, at the same time i need to be realistic. I finally got my answer in the book - Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
       Ketut's magic drawing has stuck such an impression in my mind, heart and soul. It's such a beautiful concept.....



"To find the balance you want, this is what you must become. You must keep your feet grounded so firmly on the earth that it's like you have 4 legs instead of 2. That way, you can stay in the world. But you must stop looking at the world through your head. You must look through your heart, instead. That way, you will know God."

        Howwww beee-yooo-tiful...!!! From the time i first read it, i ve read it over and over again a million times and i still haven't been able to digest the beauty of this. How simple and how genius! I call this concept as being 'MAGICALLY GROUNDED'. It helps me see the world as a magical beautiful place while i keep myself grounded to reality. The legs keep reminding me the harsh reality, the practicality of life, while the 'Looking through your heart and not the head' helps me connect to every person, every creature around. It gives me the calm, undisturbed mind I sometimes need. A peaceful atmosphere to dwell a tired mind.
        Just looking through your heart without your foot grounded firmly would never help. I plan to draw this picture myself soon and stick it to my wall of fame... ;-) There's so much to learn, there are sooo many beautiful theories out there. I wish i come across all the best ones. I pray God to give me wisdom enough to understand, appreciate and implement the ones i really do some across. Tathastu.

2 comments: